Location Huntsville, AL - On-Site with US Government Customer
Position Description: This is a Mid Software Tester position to work with the US Army. This tester position requires a BS and 5+ years of experience in testing and writing test scripts and procedures for Tactical Systems (4 years of experience in lieu of degree). At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts, have superb benefits, and quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our software test team, you'll be charged with developing and executing test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships to support the Software, Simulation, and Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) at Redstone Arsenal for the Joint Attack Munition Systems (JAMS) Project Office (PO), Program Executive Office (PEO) Missiles and Space. You will perform and provide engineering support as part of a government/industry software team in support of the software and firmware configuration items within the various missiles, trainers, test assets, and components of the Air to Ground Munitions Systems (AGMS), located in Huntsville, AL. The selected candidate will provide software sustainment support with an emphasis on requirements and testing.
Software Tester Responsibilities
- Develop Requirement Specifications (system, software and interface)
- Trace requirements from Specification to test procedures
- Develop, Modify and Run Test Procedures for end-to-end verification and validation
- Understand Missile Systems and provide in-depth reviews of system specifications for correctness of system
- Configure and Maintain Doors Database
- Develop Design Specifications
- Develop and Run Test Scripts
- Software Analysis
- Verify and Validate Code Builds
Software Tester Requirements and Skills:
- Clearance: Must have an active Secret Security Clearance to start
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and Experience with Missile Systems
- Understand Full Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience developing requirement specifications and tracing through all specifications to test
- Experience Testing and Writing Test Scripts and Procedures for Tactical Systems
- Doors Administration
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical field is required with 0 years of experience; or High School and 4+ years of experience in related field.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 256.217.5870