Title: Jr. SW Test Engineer
Location Huntsville, AL - On-Site with US Government Customer
Position Description: This is a Jr Software Tester position to work with the US Army. This tester position requires a BS and 0+ years of experience in testing (4 years of experience in lieu of degree). At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts, have superb benefits, and quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our software test team, you'll be charged with developing and executing test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships to support the Software, Simulation, and Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) at Redstone Arsenal. You will perform as part of a government/industry software team to design and develop software applications, conduct analysis, interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of software testing to enhance Army aviation flight operations and training activities for the MCE program located in Huntsville, AL.
Software Tester Responsibilities
- The candidate for this position will provide software development support to the U.S. Army S3I Directorate
- Develop and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
Software Tester Required Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with formal software testing experience
- Experience with automated test execution
- Experience with test tools utilized to simulate data input or capture data
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a simulation environment
- Knowledge of formal software qualification processes and artifacts as well as experience creating formal test documentation
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical field is required with 0 years of experience; or High School and 4+ years of experience in related field.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com
For questions call: 256.217.5870