Location Huntsville, AL
Position Description: At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits.
At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our immersive technologies team, you'll be charged with performing 3D modeling and animation for Government and Commercial customers. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders. You will perform as part of a mixed reality team to design and develop software applications, conduct analysis, interpret, and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of mixed reality - where real and virtual digital worlds produce new environments for learning, design, and maintenance execution.
AVNIK is seeking a Mid-level highly self-motivated, creative, and organized 3D artist with a focus on creating low-poly, hard-surface models for immersive technologies. Qualified candidates must be able to texture and animate realistic (but low poly) 3D models using photographs, schematics, sketches and input from subject matter experts. The candidate will work closely with a team to develop Mixed Reality/Augmented Reality applications. You will be involved in various aspects of creating training applications from concept to finished product including developing concepts, storyboarding, 3D modeling, UV mapping, texturing, and animating. Audio, design, and video editing tasks may also be given. Development of 2D artwork may be required.
Candidates must be able to clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment. Ability to work under strict time frames to meet both internal and external deadlines and customer expectations. Must be able to work independently, balance multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new processes.
Please provide an online portfolio.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Digital Animation, Digital Media, Multimedia, or related field with a background or interest in 3D modeling and animation for game technology. Master's degree is a plus.
Experience: 3+ years of work experience.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3DS Max/Maya.
- Experience with animation and mechanical rigging.
- Efficient in creating low-poly, high fidelity models with limited reference images.
- Understanding of optimization, re-topology, and poly-count limits of 3D assets from high to low poly counts for Mixed Reality/Augmented Reality Systems such as the Microsoft HoloLens.
- Thorough knowledge of UV mapping and texturing.
- Understanding of Maya/Max rendering pipeline
- Understanding of the application development process.
- Documenting the process or pipeline.
- Experience with TortoiseSVN or GitHub for version control.
- Familiarity with Substance Painter.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro.
- Familiarity with Unity or Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiarity with C#/C++ scripting is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mixed/Augmented Reality Systems such as the Microsoft HoloLens.
- Familiarity with Virtual Reality Systems such as the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive.
- Position requires that candidate successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- This position may require the candidate to obtain an INTERIM SECRET security clearance; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance may impact continued employment.
- US Citizenship is required.
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org