Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Job Description: AVNIK is seeking Senior Engineers/Scientists and/or Analysts for Special Operations Aircraft with 10+ years’ experience to support the current and evolving Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) program for the Special Operations Aviation Division (SOAD) within the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC), Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC), Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED).
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits and quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our CBM team, you'll interface with the customer and be charged with performing fatigue life management (FLM) for the US Army. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal AED personnel as well as external organizations and PM stakeholders.
The position will include collaboration within a team environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer to extend parts lives, reduce maintenance burden, increase operational availability, enhance safety, and reduce operational and support (O&S) costs. Candidates must have good people skills and the desire to work with a highly technical team of functional experts. Adept at developing requirements from customer feedback and communicate requirements.
Education Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum of an accredited Bachelors of Science (BS) in Engineering or Computer Science, or similar degree field and a minimum of 11 Years’ experience. Advanced degree a plus. Analyst applicants must have a minimum of a BS and 10 years experience. High School and 14+ years of experience may be considered in lieu of education for Analyst position. NOTE: 4 years’ experience = BS.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starter that can work with limited supervision and guidance
- Experience with Special Operations 47 and 60 aircraft systems (e.g., Health Usage Monitoring System (HUMS), Structural Usage Monitoring System (SUMS)/Regime Recognition, FLM Remediation).
- Research, analyze, and aid in the development of new technologies
- Support functional engineering teams to develop technology solutions
- Support flight test evaluation
- Strong verbal and written skills to support interaction with customers:
- Lead meetings and document meetings minutes
- Capture and track action items to closure, and writing reports, etc.
- Develop courses of action, briefings, and present customer briefings
- Ability to perform as part of multi-disciplinary Aviation team/IPT/Working Groups
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite programs to provide charts, graphs, data analysis and technical/engineering inputs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and reporting practices
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully.
- Ability to travel at least 10% for meetings and flight tests.
- US Citizenship and US SECRET Clearance
- Prior 160th military experience and knowledge of their platforms
- Develop aircraft usage spectrums models from Health and Usage Monitoring systems and pilot surveys
- Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy to optimize aircraft maintenance programs
- Develop Fatigue Life Management strategies to create Limited Maintenance/Maintenance Free Operating Periods for deployed aircraft
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC)
Preferred Experience: 10+ years Systems experience with Army Aviation Special Operations aircraft, prior Special Operations Military Service, and aviation sustainment concepts to extend parts time on-wing.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870